The ability to make effective and timely decisions is an essential skill for successful executives. Mastery of this skill influences all aspects of day-to-day operations as well as strategic planning. In this module, learners will hone their decision-making skills by following a methodology based on tested actions and sound organizational approaches. Participants will be better equipped to confidently tackle any decision large or small, and one that creates the optimal conditions for success.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Respond decisively and consistently when faced with situations that require a decision
- Determine the most important features of the decision you need to make, based on the setting and the context
- Recognize and compensate for psychological factors in yourself and in others that affect decision quality
- Incorporate available information into decisions, with an awareness of the limitations of that information
- Establish responsibilities and accountabilities to ensure effective follow through on decisions made
The following topics will be covered:
- Deliberate, Delegate or Trust Your Gut?
- Identify Alternatives
- Account for Biases
- Gather and Weight Information
- How to Value Risk in Outcomes
- Follow Through
This module will be conducted in a highly interactive and engaging online learning platform. Learners will be engaged in online collaborations and discussions with peers & facilitator throughout the module.
Mid- to upper-level managers, high potentials, and senior leaders with over three years experience. Participants may come from every continent and from a diverse range of organizations, including for-profits large and small, NG0s, and governmental agencies.